UPDATE - MAY 10, 2021
Playoff Qualifiers for ECYSA Championship (Subject to change if needed)
G6 - Top two from each group
G8 - Top two from each group
High School Groups as follows:
G11 G - M-1 : Top 3 teams
M-2 : Top 4 teams
C- 1: Top 4 teams
PG G - M-1 : Top 3 from each group
G11 B - M-1 : Top 3 teams
M-2 : Top 4 teams
C- 1: Top 2 from each group
PG B - M-1 : Top 6 teams
C -1 : Top 3 teams
UPDATE - April 8, 2021
ECYSA Guest Player Instructions - Spring 2021
NEW Expanded G4 + G6, G8, G11, PG
The Spring 2021 Player Pass Program is intended to provide teams the flexibility to field a team each week so that players can play soccer. It is NOT intended to increase your competitive advantage or fill a particular skill position that happens to be absent. It is NOT intended for emergency, but for use in filling the planned absences of players throughout the season. The Player Pass is only valid during the regular season, not the post season. See Guest Player instructions and Roster Form under Policies (on the left).
UPDATE - April 6, 2021
Dear ECYSA Members,
We held our Spring '21 Coaches Meeting on March 30, 2021. For anyone that would like to review any of the information that was presented, here is a link to the recorded meeting: Spring '21 Coaches Meeting.
We are days away from an exciting opening weekend for the ECYSA Spring 2021 Season. As we finalize the plans for this launch a few reminders:
1. If you have special limitations or mitigation you or your local Board of Health is requiring please have your coaches notify their opponents. For example, several towns are limiting spectators as opposed to depending on social distancing alone. A couple of towns have updated the information regarding their fields on the public schedule, if you would like changes to be made (additional conditions, etc.) - please email Bill Clark directly at email@example.com he will assist since the field availability option in your TD dropdown is currently disabled due to the season being active.
2. Field Closures: If you need to close your fields for Saturday or Sunday, please notify Referee Assignor Ben Reed by phone (978-394-2667) prior to 7:00 AM. If you know in advance a field is not going to be playable you may let Ben know Friday. When you close a field be sure your coaches reach out to let their opponent know ASAP. The system should also email coaches (and players if an email was provided) if there is a field closure.
3. COVID Mitigation: Remind your coaches to be sure to sanitize equipment, the game balls, the laminated roster and cards before transferring them to the referee for check in. Be sure all players and coaches have an appropriate mask that latches behind the ears. No gator style masks are allowed. Pinnies may be needed if the uniform colors are similar, but pinnies may not be shared between players. Each player must have their own pinnie for the game. Be sure to maintain social distancing on the bench and the sidelines. Be sure to keep attendance of your players and coaches. Be aware of and follow any special requirements as a visiting team.
4. Coaches Meeting Video is posted on the home page of the ECYSA Website. It is a great overview of the key changes to the Laws of the Game that will impact play this season.
5. MA Youth Soccer sent out an update today to the EEA spectator rules. They have defined a new spectator limit to 50% of the capacity of a given facility or field along with social distancing between family groups. See details below:
Have a great season!!
Youth Soccer leaders and COVID-19 Safety Officers,
I am reaching out to you today to provide you with a revision to the information we shared during our Q&A on March 25th. On April 2, 2021 the EEA amended its guidelines with changes to the capacity limits. The change is as follows:
- Indoor and Outdoor facilities with a permitted capacity must limit capacity to no more than 50% of the facility’s maximum permitted occupancy.
- Member Organizations are required to verify the occupancy capacity of the facility with the owner (town, school dept, etc.) to determine the spectator limits at their facilities.
- If an indoor or outdoor facility has a chaperone or spectator viewing area which allows for at least six feet social distancing between spectators, then spectators are allowed for players under 21 years old.
- For facilities with multiple fields, surfaces, courts etc, the above limits apply per playing field.