TD Instructional Videos
The first instructional video is for registering your teams...town organizations can still use whatever system they prefer and you will essentially still use an excel template (http://ecysa.org/ECYSA/registration) but you will be uploading the file directly to the system (video 1 will explain more). If a town organization uses "Manage Your League" for registration there would some additional efficiency.
- Registering Your Teams Video 1 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ooaotBmDs0&feature=youtu.be (updated January 10, 2019)
Once your teams are loaded into the system...the next step is Strength Charts.
- Strength Charts - Video 2 - https://soapbox.wistia.com/videos/AQRZMvoCyI
Video 3 is a great look at both sides (TD and ECYSA Admin) of how the reschedule request and game change process will work - and it's pretty simple with detailed tracking.
- Reschedule Request / Game Change - Video 3 - https://soapbox.wistia.com/videos/SxVzutUBmz
The fields function is now how you will create/edit/activate your fields for each upcoming season:
- Here is another video tutorial to show how the Field Availability process works - https://soapbox.wistia.com/videos/l4P71fwx1N
Some Field Availability reminders:
- Please check and then make any edits as needed or create any fields not already listed
- When creating timeslots, please disregard the "order" box
- Please note that when you create your timeslots, please use 1.5 hour blocks on Saturday (and Sundays for Spring) using these options: 9-10:30, 10:30-12, 12-1:30, 1:30-3, 3-4:30, 4:30-6 (these are the standard game times as in past seasons).
- Remember to "deactivate" any field you are not using in an upcoming season
- If you have a field that also serves as other fields (eg. a full sided field that is also used as two smaller sided fields), each individual field (eg. Field 1 11v11, Field 2 7v7 left side, Field 3 7v7 right side) requires a name. And you need to make sure that you don't provide timeslots that overlap. If Field 1 11v11 is being used from 9 to 12 then do not provide timeslots for Field 2 7v7 or Field 3 7v7 during that time.
- Please make sure your organization meets the ECYSA Minimum Field Requirements as follows: ECYSA requires that each Member Organization provide adequate field space to accommodate their teams. For teams that play on Saturday, one (1) field is required for every ten teams registered. Fields must be available from 9:00 a.m. through 6:00 p.m.
"Adding Players & Coaches" function (just a direct link to uploading your "Add" file) and an "Add Drop Transfer" function (ADT - also has a link to the "Add" file upload and includes a jersey update option for those of you that would like to add your jersey numbers) are in your Town Director drop down on the main page once you login (manageyourleague.com/ecysa). This is now how you will ADT players or coaches (please do not send files to Janet - she will just ask you to process them online)...but the card/roster drop off process remains the same as previous seasons - cards/rosters to Janet by 9:00 pm on Wednesday will be available for pick up after 5:00 pm on Friday.
- Here is another video tutorial to show how the ADT process works - https://soapbox.wistia.com/videos/qewFQcIbDx (sorry - the audio is a bit soft)
Some ADT reminders:
- "Drop" and "Transfer" are done right in the system because those players/coaches were already loaded via the registration file upload - no file needed!
- To "Add" a player, you are essentially using the same file template you used when uploading your rosters so the same verification processes will be in place for age, gender, non-residency, etc. (If you need a reminder for importing a roster - https://soapbox.wistia.com/videos/xiSW52NLqF)
- You can "add" multiple players and/or coaches in one file upload
- As you know, we are now requesting an email address for coaches AND players to improve communications but the import process does only allow one email per coach or player - the player or coach will be able to add up to three emails to their contact record themselves in the future. Please note that adding an email for players is not mandatory (coaches are mandatory) but it will certainly make communications much improved!
- And the coach gender field should now be the actual gender of the coach which will hopefully make your file creation a little easier.
PLEASE NOTE - once you complete an Add, Drop or Transfer, the player/coach will not be moved until it is approved on the ECYSA administration side (please allow 24 hours but we will try to process them as quickly as possible pending volume).
Please note there is nothing you need to do at this time - these videos/instructions are purely informational. Some of the look/feel, specific text, and data input may change as the system evolves.